Saturday 2 May 2015

Dear JC.

Hey Jesus,
I see the candlelight shining on you
And your deep blue eyes seem to sparkle.

I haven't met you, don't know you.
Don't even have your number.
Does the Pope have it or the local Pastor?
I know not.

But your calm face makes me calm too.
Did you even exist or did you not?
Doesn't really matter,
'Cause you are a lot cooler than all those
who merely exist, and live not;
But you live!

I don't know where your blood lies,
Or where the line goes,
Or where the Knights lie in eternal guard;
I just know that you ever echo in the Sistine Chapel, in the great arts,
in divine melodies, in the dark chambers of a troubled heart, in legends…

Though I'm not a Christian or anything,
You never cease to amaze me.
Someday, I wanna meet you
(and surely, we will!)

Will bring along Tom Hanks,
Robert Langdon and Dan Brown for company
(Tom is a fabulous human being and actor, and Langdon is a Harvard University Professor).

These friends of mine are as much bedazzled and touched by you as I am.
And I assure you, it's never boring talking with them.
 

For now, just a missed call will do!
 

(Note to readers: This is a light poem with a slight touch of humour. It doesn't mock or intend to mock any religion and their believers. Rather, the poet is expressing his admiration of the simplicity of this humane figure that exudes a sense of peaceful charm. Also, loving a certain creative artist(s) doesn't mean disrespecting a religion. Cheers to an open mind! Peace.)


 © Rajkumar Panthoiren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.