Saturday 2 May 2015

Jazz and lagao

Not a Jazz club in town
Where I could go and sip away
some thoughts.
What 'bout the blues?
Oh, I love them too.
Clapton ain't gonna come here
Even though I want him to.
Tired of seeing him
only on TV
Where he sings my favourite songs
live with the band.
You gotta listen 
to 'Autumn Leaves'
late at night.

Listen here, this is my land.
People love entertainment here-
Men and women, deluded teens, 
girls and boys.
They love to plough lagao
like dogs love poop
and like cats have no shame.
Always ready 
with an excuse
To roll the dice, 
throw away the bucks.
Make much too loud a noise
And that's what pisses me off.

Remind me of some drunken 
savage animals
dancing around a fallen prey.
Heck, do animals 
even dance?

Now, back to the point.
Without much ado,
I just don't fucking care
And I'm not supposed
to use this F-word
to write a decent poem.
Or so the literature teachers,
who never had written a poem
in their life,
say.
Hell, I wanna be a polite poet.
But even better, I wanna express better.
R. Waters, Eminem,
Y. Ibomcha, W. Whitman, 
A. Ginsberg…
Hm?

So, lagao-da-ngaojabas 
and yoo-ngaobas, play on
till your shitty lives end
While I'm gonna listen
to my music
to drown away your noise.
Thank you jazz 
and blues
for 
saving the night. 

© Rajkumar Panthoiren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.